Educating our pupils to live and contribute to a country which is diverse in cultures, religions, beliefs, ethnicities and social backgrounds is the fundamental role that the school has in promoting Community Cohesion.
By Community Cohesion, we mean working towards a society in which:
- there is a common vision and sense of belonging by all communities
- the diversity of people's backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and valued
- similar life opportunities are available to all
- strong and positive relationships exist and continue to be developed in the workplace, in schools and in the wider community.
- To ensure our pupils to have a sense of belonging in a community where everyone is working towards the same values and principles in which diversity is celebrated.
- To provide a range of opportunities through which all members build positive relationships and extend these to the wider local, national and global community.
- To promote a climate where all members of the community are valued and respected, and show tolerance and understanding of each other.
- To eliminate all forms of discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, disability, sexuality, age, religion and belief.
To ensure pupils are provided with the opportunity to experience, understand, celebrate and value diversity to prepare all pupils for a future world and adult life in a multi-racial, interdependent world.